We know it’s hard to believe but even in Cornwall the weather can turn a little soggy from time to time… but don’t worry even if it’s wet there’s still plenty of fun to be had from swimming in our beautiful indoor pool to feeding our friendly farm animals, playing in the soft play room and the indoor play barn or enjoying our play park with swings, slides and fun playground equipment.
Top ten things to do
1. That time-honoured wet weather choice: some splash and swim fun in our toasty indoor pool (kept at 30 degrees). With glass windows overlooking the stunning Fowey Valley, you’ll still feel part of the great outdoors.
2. Don’t forget to feed the farm’s animals with Farmer Jenny as they don’t mind a bit of rain! The chickens will venture out of their smart houses to see you and are pretty professional at giving at least one egg to every family.
3. Head to our comfortable soft play barn for fun tumble time (or relax in comfy, deep sofas reading Grazia or the day’s papers and enjoy a fresh coffee for parents!).
4. Make a sand sculpture in the indoor play barn.
5. Have a family championship on our tennis table, pool table or mini table football. Remember it’s only a game and the children might not actually be able to see above the top ☺ .
6. Go and visit the guinea pigs (Honey, Milk, Marmite and Peanut Butter) and say ‘hi’ to the rabbits (Blossom and Pongo) warm and snug in the barn.
8. Or lie in our fabulous futuristic glass pod while the raindrops slide down around you.
9. Raid Tredethick’s farm shop for Cornish pasty crisps (yes, really – they’re yum!), Cornish fudge and DVDs. Pretend you’re only watching Annie for the kids’ sake.
10. Watch our little grey pony, Ladybird, wallow like a hippo in the squelchiest part of the field. Then take bets on how long it will take Farmer Jill to groom her afterwards?!
Tredethick Farm Cottages in Lostwithiel, Cornwall, consists of eight beautifully decorated cottages which are designed for young families with cots, black-out blinds, stair gates etc. We’ve thought of everything so you don’t have to. Children love our daily animal feeding, pony rides, indoor pool and play barn and fantastic play equipment.
Posted in Things to do in Tredethick