Farmer Jenny is part of the fabric of Tredethick family holidays. She has been with us for longer than she cares to remember, despite taking a circuitous route via South Africa before she arrived in this beautiful corner of Cornwall.
In this blog, we’ve grilled Farmer Jenny to find out all about her and her role at Tredethick farm cottages. Here’s what she said:
1. Describe Tredethick in three words.
Awesome, wonderful, adventure
2. Describe yourself in three words.
Creative, kind, fun
3. What is the best part of your job?
Waking up the animals for their breakfast each day and having lots of mini farmers assisting.
4. What is the least favourite part of the job?
Forgetting to fill up the coffee machine and having to confess to the grown-up guests.
5. Are you good at riding a tractor?
Yes, as long as it is made of plastic, has pedals and is 2ft off the ground. I leave the proper tractor riding to Farmer Jack.
6. Do you have a favourite animal?
A hippopotamus, but I don’t think Tredethick would let me have one of those, so it’s our gorgeous piggies.
7. Does Plum or Crumble, Tredethick’s famous Kune Kune pigs, love you the most?
I would like to think they both love me in equal measure, I am definitely their favourite human, especially when it comes to cuddles.
8. Who is the naughtiest goat?
Gosh, they are all strong personalities and want your attention straight away or else. Chocolate, the elder lady of the group, is a particular sweetheart and she’s only mildly cheeky!
9. What makes you jump out of bed in the mornings?
My annoying alarm clock and thoughts of my first cup of tea.
10. What is your life motto?
Just Do It. Don’t sweat the small stuff. Laughter is the best medicine.
Posted in People at Tredethick